The DAGStat medal honors personalities who have made a lasting contribution to statistics in Germany. These merits can be acquired in the scientific, didactic or administrative area in the following areas:
- Development of important new statistical methods
- Dissemination of new statistical methods in applications
- Development of statistics courses and statistics centers
- Communicating statistics to the public
- Management of special statistical projects
- Composition of relevant books on statistics
- Development of curricula with statistical content for schools
- Implementation of advanced training events on statistics, aimed at a wide audience.
In the future, up to three DAGStat medals are to be awarded regularly at the DAGStat conferences.
As part of the 5th "Joint Statistical Meeting of the Deutsche Arbeitsgemeinschaft Statistik"in Munich, the DAGStat medal was awarded for the third time in March 2019.
The winners were:
- Prof. Dr. Karl Mosler
- Prof. Dr. Martin Schumacher
The laudations for the 2019 award winners can be found in DAGStat Bulletin No. 23.
As part of the 4th "Joint Statistical Meeting of the Deutsche Arbeitsgemeinschaft Statistik"in Göttingen, the DAGStat medal was awarded for the second time in March 2016.
The winners were:
- Prof. Dr. Hans-Hermann Bock
- Prof. Dr. Jürgen Läuter
- Prof. Dr. Peter-Theodor Wilrich
A press statement can be found here.
As part of the 3rd "Joint Statistical Meeting of the Deutsche Arbeitsgemeinschaft Statistik"in Freiburg, the DAGStat medal was awarded for the first time in March 2013 to:
- Prof. Dr. Walter Krämer
- Prof. Dr. Volker Mammitzsch
- Prof. Dr. Nanny Wermuth
The laudations for the award winners can be found in the DAGStat Bulletin No. 11.